Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography


The past couple weeks Mr. Sanderls GT class has been working on HDR photography. HDR photography is a High Dynamic Range. HDR photography is used to make different pictures look better and unique. One thing that I don't like about HDR is that it is really complicated to do. Although, there are some things that I love about it, like how it makes different photos look "one of a kind"and it make your original photo look way better.

Creating an HDR image is not the easiest thing to do in my opinion. First, you need to take all the pictures that you are going to use to create an HDR image. You have to take seven of the same photos but with different exposure compensation. Then upload all your photos on photoshop. Next, go to File > Automate > and Merge to HDR. Then you are given different options to make your HDR image, such as saturation, detail, exposure, vibrance, shadow, and many more. Then just press okay and save your image! This is different then automatic HDR functions because when we take the HDR photo we do it step-by-step and if we did it automatically we wouldn't have to change the exposures at all.

The thought process behind my "experiment" or portrait image was to get the rule of thirds, make look room, and to get a perfect angle. I also wanted to create a "surrealistic" look when making it to a HDR photo. My thought process behind my landscape image was to also get the rule of thirds, make the horizon line straight, and to angle and adjust the camera so that the horizon line is not in the center of the image. During the process of creating this HDR image was a little frustrating to do. Although, it was one of my favorite projects because it was very fun and you got to be very creative.



20 comments:

  1. I really like how the picture looks surreal.
    I do think that you could make it look less like she was cut out of another image.
    Overall the picture is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the model.
    no comment.
    I also like the colors that pops out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your picture. Nice rule of third

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how surreal it is, the white highlight on the mountains
    The horizon line could have been straight.
    I really like the text. Nice font, size, opacity, and the bevel & emboss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Complement: Very surreal and person fits in
    Criticism: Maybe it can use a little more effects on the image itself
    Complement: Rule of thirds is right on

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how surreal your photo is!
    You might have wanted to customize your text more.
    I also like where Jaesha is placed, it was very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your image is very nicely surreal. The I can't find anything wrong with this, really. I love everything about the photo, its really on point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surreal, the portrait and the landscape
    Small amount of clouds moving, not much you can do about that
    Within the rule of thirds, and look room is also nearly perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice it looks like she was actually in the shot when you took the picture of the mountain

    ReplyDelete
  10. good work on the superimpose you can work on the text to make it look faded.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice portrait and look room.
    I can't find any thing bad.
    Good job on the word believe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. its very surreal.
    You can notice its a screenshot,so make the image bigger if you screenshot larger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how "Believe" stands out a lot.
    I think you could've made the horizon line straighter.
    Jaesha is placed in the prefect place! I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice picture like how looks searlistic
    nothing here to critique or anything
    nice landscape

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very well done I like the surrealness of this image. Could be more surreal but still nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the shot you got and how the image matches through out the whole picture.
    You should have made your horizon line straighter.
    I love the vibrance of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Compliment:The surrealism is amazing
    Improvement:The horizon line could have become straight
    Compliment: The rule of thirds is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like how your image looks really surreal and how it looks like the mountain glows.
    You could've made the horizon line straighter
    The results of your image were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really surreal crooked horizon line rule of thirds is Good

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Pictures! I love how she is in the rule of thirds and how she is looking off into the distance.
    You could've added more bevel and emboss to the text.
    Your picture is really surreal.

    ReplyDelete

Music Video Finale

P1T2 Baby from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo . It just hit me that this Music Video project will be the last big project we have ...