Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Composition Scavenger Hunt


P2T9_Composition_2015 from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.
Lately, in my GT class we have done a composition scavenger hunt. We had to make a video about 8 of the composition techniques. The one composition technique that I think is most important is the "Rule of Thirds". Both the subject and scenery rule of thirds. I think the rule of thirds with a subject is most important because that's what helps the audience under stand the story more. For example, say I made a video about flowers, I would get a shot with the person in a field of flowers but, in a rule of thirds so they see the flowers in the back with look room. Also, rule of thirds with a scenery is also most important because it makes it more interesting and dynamic to the eye. It is god to know that according to the results, everyone in my GT class got both the rule of thirds scenery and subject all correct on the survey!

The composition technique that I think is most difficult is forced foreground because it is a bit hard to make sure that the camera is focused on the subject you want it to be focused on. It may take a while to make sure that it's correctly focused. Also, it's hard to make sure that the camera is not too close but still gives a sense of depth. I can use forced foreground more by making advertising videos. For example, right now my GT class is producing a commercial, and we are using forced foreground to advertise our product. Another way to use forced foreground more is by, using it for more parts of a project to get the audiences attention because forced foreground bring depth and interest to the eye.

For this project we had to choose teammates. I have a total of 3 teammates. My first teammate is Kiana Dea and Shanden Matsushima. They are both kind people. We all have different jobs that we have to do to get this project done. Kiana has helped with filming and helped editing by adding the text layovers. Shanden has also helped with filming and contributed with the editing by adding the music or audio. Lastly, me myself, has been doing most of the filming, also helped with the editing by making sure everything is in it's place. To conclude, we are all working together to get things done on time!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Finale

P1T2 Baby from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo . It just hit me that this Music Video project will be the last big project we have ...