Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design


The latest GT project that my class and I have been working on is creating chase game in scratch. After our chase game is published anyone can play and have access to my game. User experience influenced my game by helping me understand that there has to be different codes to use to make the sprites move, adding a score board, sound, using key arrows to move, and changing the backdrops. Luckily, I had a lot of practice with coding to help me have more experience when creating the actual game. Mr. Sanderl also showed us different videos of other coding users about how they do things in scratch.

For this project we were to create a total of 3 scratch games. The first one is my chase game, second is my platform game, and third is my "operation freedom" game. All of my games are the same because they all use the arrow keys to move. They are also similar because they all have either timers or score boards to keep tract. My chase is different from the rest because there are two sprites and one is chasing the other to gain points, my backdrops switch, and the sprites are different. My platform game is also different because this game has a sprite that is jumping on platforms to get to the next level. Lastly, my freedom game is different because there is one sprite that has to go through a maze to get to another sprite to move on to the next level.

My best code is probably my freedom game. I think my freedom game is my best because my controls work very smoothly and I just love the type of game it is. I also enjoyed having more freedom for this game, I like my choices to be open and I liked creating something different. Coding is a very complex project. It wasn't the easiest for me. The most difficult bug fixes that I had to face is my arrow keys working smoothly in my platform game, at some point my arrow keys didn't work. My last bug I had to fix was getting the gravity engine to work for when my sprite is controlled. To conclude, this project was not the easiest but I was able to get through it.



11 comments:

  1. love the game but i would make the yellow monkey a little smaller so its eaiser to win the game. i like the backround

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how smoothly the sprites move. I think you should shrink the size of the yellow monkey because it's kind of hard to win if your always running into the yellow monkey. I like the sprites you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your monkey chase game is fun and cute, though since one monkey is bigger than the other the game ares seems to be too small to get away. Overall I love the game

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very creative setup! Especially with how you used two monkeys instead of two different sprites. When I played the game, I noticed that I was not gaining points, only losing them. You can fix this by making a code block where you gain one score every 5 seconds or so in a forever block. But, the creative background you put in for the monkeys is very nice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The controls and the arrows work really smooth and good. I would suggest to tell the player how to win and how to gain points and lose them. I also liked the background changes that makes it look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors you chose for the back round. I couldn't move the sprit left. I think your sprit is really cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy shoot what is that sprite, I love that
    Right and left arrows aren't moving me too much
    That is an amazing game

    ReplyDelete
  8. liked the colors you used for the background and the box. Your sprite would jump all the way at the top sometimes. I liked how your platforms were not just black they were blue and greenish color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great game I like the colors and the sprite you choose. Although I see that your timers doesn't work, use this link https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/16881678/#editor and click see inside how this person makes the timer. Its super easy that I even used it. I also think your game is really good and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job on how smooth everything was! I would consider making a timer or a way to score points so that I can win. I liked how the monkeys said instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked the original background. In the future, I would try to fix the timer. Also, I noticed that the character gets stuck in the walls, so there is no way to complete level two. Overall, the first level works really well, and this is a great start!

    ReplyDelete

Music Video Finale

P1T2 Baby from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo . It just hit me that this Music Video project will be the last big project we have ...