Friday, September 2, 2016

Poetic Personal Statement

I can't believe this will be my last first blog post of the year! Our first project of the year is Poetic Design. For this project, Mr. Sanderl gave us more freedom so that we  can be more creative. So we never got a lot of directions but I think it was still a good idea. I think poetry is a form of literature. Poems can sometimes rhyme or have rhythm. Poems are used to show emotion, feelings, experiences, lessons, or a specific messages. They tell a special story someone wants to share in words.

For this project, we needed to include a poetic statement describing my personal goals. My poetic statement is:
Going to chase my dreams
Nothing to be afraid of it seems
Can't wait to go to college
Going to need my knowledge
Looking forward to the new memories that will be made
I know they won't fade
Don't want to leave my family and friends
Have to enjoy it before it ends

I also made another poetic statement I'd thought I should include:
Running with adrenaline
Sweat coming down my face
As I'm keeping my pace
Ball goes in the goal
Crowd goes wild
As I walk off the field with a smile

As I said in the beginning, poems can sometimes rhyme or have a rhythm to it. In my poem I used rhyme. I first thought of words that relate to my personal goals. Then I found words that rhyme with some of those words. A great source I used to find rhyming words is called rhyme zone. Lastly, I put together sentences and laid everything out to create a poetic statement! I chose to used rhyme in my poem because it gets the readers attention and I think it's fun to use. Overall, I think this poetic design project is a great way to start the year and I'm excited to be creative and have freedom completing it.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Finale

P1T2 Baby from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo . It just hit me that this Music Video project will be the last big project we have ...