Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Motivational Poster

The current project that Mr. Sanderl's GT class is working on is are Motivational Posters. For this project there are several requirements that we need to have in our poster. Those requirements are that we need to have two text layers which is our Manifesto and our Quotes. We need to have 4 image layers which is our 3 symbolic pictures along with our portrait picture. For our design requirements, we need to have Kerning on all text layers so that every space is filled.  Next, is our triadic color scheme, that is 1 dominant color that is balanced with 2 other accent colors. We also need are visual balance which is a equal measurement of different elements divided into a design. Lastly, we need blending options on both text layers as well as are adjustment layers on our 4 images.

To complete this Motivational Poster, I had to go threw a lot of different steps to get the final product. The first thing I had to do to get started is get my Quotes and my Manifesto ready to be kerned. I first got all my words together and placed them where I wanted across the page. The goal for the kerning was to make sure that the text filled up all the space and so that the spacing is even and has no holes. So, I tried my best to that before I did anything else. Next, I had to get my symbolic pictures and my profile picture in photoshop. To do that, I went to finder and opened all my pictures in photoshop. I then, used my move tool to move all my pictures so that there was visual balance as I made sure to hold down shift! It took a little while and some help to place everything so that it looked good. Next, it was time for the fun part!....Text layers. I went to the triadic color scheme and chose the colors I liked. I went back to photoshop and put all my text layers on like stroke, bevel and emboss, outer glow, inner glow, and drop shadow. I also arranged the colors from my triadic color scheme on the color overlay. Now that I had my text layers done I had to do my adjustment layers on to my pictures. I went to layers, adjustment layers, and added color balance, levels, curves, and exposures. I also tried my best to make the adjustment layers match my color scheme so that it looked a little more pleasing, yet still colorful. Finally, after I was satisfied with what I had, I made sure I had all of the requirements needed and saved it and turned it to the server folder.

Going threw this project, I have faced some challenges. It wasn't easy! Some of those challenges were doing the adjustment layers so that it would match my text perfectly! It was a little hard because you have to adjust it the way you want and they didn't have the exact colors I needed, but I tried my best so that it would match. Another challenge I faced was were to place my pictures. I needed to have visual balance so that it would be even still in a pleasing way so, I asked Mr. Sanderl for help and the problem was solved! The last challenge I have faced was just recently when my class had to take screenshots of are text layers with no effects and are pictures with no effects. When I opened my photoshop document the layers disapeared and I couldnt take screenshots of those seprate layers so, I asked Mr. Sanderl what to do and he said "to either take screenshots of what happened or to redo it", I chose to explain. What happened was the layers were merged or combined into one and I could get them to be seprate so, down below I have pictures of the layer seprate to show you that the layers were not seperate and a picture of when I saved it because I might of saved it the wrong way. But, I do have a picture of the final product to show you how it turned out. I also could of improved on a couple things in this project, like adding a little more exposure on the adjustment layers and I could of made my kerning a little better. As you can see at the bottom line the kerning is a little off because the leters are very close together and theres not that much even space. Overall, I was satisfied with what I had at the end and bummed that I could screenshot the seperate layers. I enjoyed doing this project.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Finale

P1T2 Baby from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo . It just hit me that this Music Video project will be the last big project we have ...