Friday, September 18, 2015

Comedy Writing

Are next project that my GT class is starting is comedy writing and comedic performance. In comedy we need to have a sense of humor. You may know a few people that already have a sense of humor that just comes naturally. Sense of humor is an important character trait because you can have the ability to laugh at others and their jokes. Most people with a sense of humor can be very outgoing. Having a sense of humor can also help people out, if they are feeling sad or angry you can say or do something funny and it would most likely cheer them up.

In this project my class went over some tips for writing a humorous narrative. Some of those tips I learned are one, to make sure you know that your narrative is actually humorous or funny, you can do that by sharing with others and if they laugh then you know that your narrative is funny and accurate. Second, you can think of a narrative that you actually experienced that you thought was funny so it makes sense. My third tip is too have expression while your sharing your narrative, that will help the audience have a feeling of how funny your narrative is. My fourth tip is the setup of your narrative like, your punchline, make sure it makes sense so the audience gets an idea and understands. My last tip is too make sure your visuals make sense as well, it will help the audience understand your narrative more.

My comedic monologue is about my sister, and how we make trouble to each other. And how she comes at me like a bull when I make trouble to her, but when I do the same I don’t come and attack her. Also, when I tell my parents on her she’ll get like a “stop” or a cut it out” but when she tells on me I get yelled at, after I’ve just gone through my sister attacking me! And it’s hard to fight back because I am laughing so hard because she makes like she’s a gigantic bus coming at you or when a cat gets in that position where it’s saying it’s going to attack or come at you. I think my comedic monologue is funny because you can just imagine this little girl just coming at you like a bull and attacking you because you were making trouble to her. And it's funny because I'm getting beaten up by my little sister! In my video you would probably get a better idea of why it's funny because it will show you what actually happens. I also think my narrative is funny because I'm here like "what.... wh...why!?" because I get yelled at and when I tell on her its like nothing. I came up with this idea for my narrative because it happens to me at least everyday, well the attacking part. To conclude, I hope the my audience thinks my narrative is funny and enjoys my video.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Finale

P1T2 Baby from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo . It just hit me that this Music Video project will be the last big project we have ...