Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My Humorous Monologue


ChangT_Comedy from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.

Our latest project that my GT class is working on is Comedy. We are making our own video on our joke. During this project, I have learned quite a few things. Some of those things are.... of course how to write a joke. I learned how to use IMovie a little better. And all about punchlines for your joke. I also learned a different grading criteria, and what is needed for each grade. Lastly, I learned how to import in IMovie and how to create different folders to be organized to know which is our folders that hold all are video clips and all of the things we need to edit.

In this project, I've learned a filming technique, called padding. Padding is basically the space between the start of your video and the space between the end of your video. It helps if you say "rolling" when you first click the button to start recording and you count to 3 in your head then say "action" so that the person your filming knows when to start speaking. At the end of the video, you would say "cut" a few seconds after their done speaking so they know you've ended the video. Padding you clips is crucial because if you don't wait a few seconds before and after your fiming, it can get cut off and you wont be able to hear the very begining and end of it. 
 
In this project there were weaknesess, strengths, and way to improve. Some places that I had a little trouble doing is filming with bad lighting, when I first filmed the lighting was a little dark. But, I did re-filmed with better lighting and it paid off! Another weakness is my time limit, I had to cut some parts out so it was more closer to the time limit. Since, I am a advanced student I knew how to do a lot more things than last year. Some of my strengths are adding my affects and the audio. Also, getting different filming angles so my video is a bit more appealing. Some ways that I could of improved is mabey some of my shaky shots. Overall, I think I did pretty good according to the class critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Finale

P1T2 Baby from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo . It just hit me that this Music Video project will be the last big project we have ...